Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.2 is an incremental release adding some AI changes, the Siege of Orison event, and some additional points of interest and missions for players.
|Siege of Orison
|Implementation of Siege of Orison, a new dynamic event in the persistent universe. Featuring both FPS and flight combat, this new event puts you against Nine Tails to liberate the floating platforms of Orison.
|AI - Planetary Navigation
|This system allows NPCs to move on planetary surfaces using a dynamically generated navigation mesh. This will efficiently process planetary terrain and objects to prioritize the processing of the environment around the players into navmesh, allowing the use of all existing functionalities on planets. The first implementation of this feature will be the Reclaimer Derelict Points of Interest.
|Derelict Reclaimer - Points of Interest
|Additional points of interest that will be scattered both on planets and in space. They will be derelict Aegis Reclaimers with some type of activity (puzzle, traversal, missions) along with rewards to loot.
|Additional Stanton Lagrange Points
|Implementing additional reststop locations surrounding microTech and ArcCorp, including both the stations themselves and the gas clouds surrounding them. This feature has been added to the Alpha 3.17 column and is targeting delivery in Q2 in 3.17.2.
|Illegal Delivery Missions
|Implementing illegal variants of delivery missions into the persistent universe, including reputation gains with criminal factions.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE. The Shader folders can be found here %localappdata%\Star Citizen.
- Database Reset: Yes
- Long Term Persistence: Disabled (Reputation will be preserved)
- Starting aUEC: 20,000 (Players will receive a stipend based on previous 3.17.1 LIVE playtime)
- Party Invite/Group Launch - Unable to party launch with friends
- Players may have to restart the game after getting kicked to the main menu from a 30k server crash
- Targeting - A ship's targeting pip may be missing or disappear for some players; they cannot be targeted when this happens
- Multivehicle - Ships floating in the hangar when stored with the engines left on then retrieved again
- Ships / Character Animation - The player character arm will misalign when seated in ships, causing obstruction of HUD and view
- Vehicle / Spawning - The Khartu-al spawns on the hangar floor sideways
- Vehicles / Ships - Shields - Weapon fire penetrates shields when ships are moving
- Vehicles / ShipRefuel - While docked to a Starfarer multiple vehicle types will continuously tilt instead of remaining stationary and snap away from the arm if any movement is attempted
- Vehicles – The Argo Raft's elevator controls cannot be interacted with from either deck
- Crusader Ares - Headlights on Ares are too dim to notice at reasonable range
- Medical Beacon- Medical beacon does not complete mission/payment when player is brought back from incapacitation
- Animation - Weapons - All weapons are held like a pistol whilst moving in EVA
- Combat AI - UGF Missions are sometimes missing NPC spawns to complete the mission
- FPS Weapons - Weapon holsters or un-holsters unintentionally
- Armor / Weapons / Utility items may disappear between sessions
- Inventory - Weapons - Weapons looted directly equipped from containers/boxes are missing attachments
- ASOP - Ships on landing pads end up in "unknown state" for location and have to be reclaimed after the ship is stored or streamed out
- Missions - UGF / Bounty Hunter - Turrets around bunkers respawn very quickly, sometimes almost instantaneously
- Mission Giver / AI / Locations - Wallace Klim is not aligned to the table and can be seen standing away from it
- Derelict Reclaimers V1
Added additional points of interest that will be scattered both on planets and in space. These Derelict Reclaimers come with puzzle traversal elements along with multiple legal and illegal mission types which include delivery and FPS combat in and around the crash sites using the new planetary navigation mesh. There are multiple Reclaimer Derelicts in space with three associated delivery, investigation, and mercenary missions. We've also added a new ground-based Derelict Reclaimer site inhabited by NPCs called "Ghost Hollow," which involves delivery, bounty hunter, and mercenary missions.
- Derelict Colonialism Outposts
Added new derelict versions of the Colonialism Outposts into Stanton. This initial release will see 5 unique outpost locations on microTech with new delivery missions, small traversal puzzles, and AI guards that utilize the new planetary navmesh along with the new drop ship reinforcement system.
- Added the Snake Pit Race Track
- AI - Planetary Navigation
This system allows NPCs to move on planetary surfaces using a dynamically generated navigation mesh. This will efficiently process planetary terrain and objects to prioritize the processing of the environment around the players into navmesh, allowing the use of all existing functionalities on planets. The first implementation of this feature will be at the Reclaimer and Colonialism Outpost Derelict Points of Interest.
- AI - Landing Improvements
This enables AI ships to land and deliver reinforcements on non-structured ground areas like planetary terrain where a pre-defined landing area and assistance from Air Traffic Control is not available.
- Illegal Collect and Delivery Missions
New set of delivery missions focusing on illegal cargo. These will be offered by Red Wind Linehaul once the player reaches a high enough reputation with them as a courier. The player will be sent to sketchy, run-down locations like drug labs and stash houses and is tasked with delivering goods between them, some of which may not be legal. The intro mission should be available around Hurston if you have rank 2 courier rep with Red Wind Linehaul. The illegal missions are available outside of Hurston's jurisdiction if you have a high enough Red Wind Linehaul reputation and have completed the intro mission in Hurston. These missions come in 5 different versions, each with a different quantity of cargo and a corresponding monetary and reputation reward given on completion.
- Added Marker for Players and Friendly AI That are Associated with Your Current FPS Mission
Ships and Vehicles
Weapons and Items
- Added New Lootable Item: Greycat Aril Backpack Collector
- Added New Armor to Shops and Lootable Containers: RRS Specialist Heavy Armor (Morozov-SH Brushdrift, Redshift, and Snowdrift variants)
- Rest Stop Hangar Additions
Updated existing rest stops to have small and medium hangars.
- Additional Stanton Lagrange Points
Added 8 additional, unique rest stop locations with full amenities that include clinics, EZ-Habs, shopping, and services. This update includes both the stations themselves and the surrounding gas clouds for players to explore and mine asteroids.
- Grim HEX Hospital Expansion
Expanded Grim Imperial Medical to include additional medical rooms.
- Improved NPC Face Randomization to be More Diverse
- Combat Service Beacons V2
Updates to Combat Service Beacon Gameplay for a more varied and rewarding experience. This update hooks combat service beacons into Quantum to allow the system to determine when, where, and what difficulty will occur. This brings a range of 10 levels of difficulty to space combat beacons which will start players at low tiers with easier targets and scales up massively as the player gains reputation to include higher difficulty levels with tougher targets, larger payouts, and rare encounters that may require teams of players to take down the target. Updated combat assist beacons to only display on screen notifications to players who are currently in a vehicle.
- Food and Drink QoL Purchasing Update
Food and drinks can now be purchased in multiples using many shop kiosks throughout the universe.
- Shopping Kiosk QoL Updates
Updating shopping Kiosk with new QoL features. General UI polish pass. Added check functionality to Quick Buy confirmation popup, so that it is now a quick passive popup and requires no interaction. Updated filter section to be multi-line and added a field to support search inputs.
- Price of Freedom Mission Updates
Reduced the reputation requirement to gain the intro hijacked Caterpillar mission. Added an additional new version of the mission around Crusader. Once players have have completed the first in-person mission from Tecia Pacheco directly, they will be able to accept further ones from the mobiGlas while in space near planets.
- Turret Velocity Pass
Tuned the turret velocity and acceleration values, such that the feeling and weight of turrets matches their size, and it doesn’t negatively impact aiming experience.
- Adjusted "Critical" Display Status for Hunger & Thirst Widgets to Appear at about 25% Full (Up from 15%)
- Made it Legal to Commit Infractions Against Players that are Illegally Trespassing in an Area
- Higher-Valued Gems Will Now Be Much More Rare in Loot Crates
- Players Will Now Drop Empty Magazines While Reloading
- Disabled Corpse AR Marker Showing for Other Players
Ships and Vehicles
- Mustang Alpha QoL Updates
Made changes to the cargo grid to add a new 4 SCU cargo hold with animated doors that open and allow players to place and store loose cargo. Greatly increased the cargo bay health.
- Vanduul Ship Updates
- Blade Performance Polish
Retuned weapons to increase velocity. Increase wing hull health. Reduced hull health of several joints. Changed lateral velocities, boost multiplier, and aerodynamics.
- Greatly Increased the Health of the Nova Tank
- Greatly Increased the Fuel Reserves of the Khartu-al
- Greatly Increased the Hull Health on the Ursa Rover
- Improved the Ursa Rover Brakes and Reverse Speeds
- Decreased Scorpius Max Speed in Atmosphere
- Updated Scorpius Passby Audio
- Adjusted Drake Mule Weapon Rack Interactions to Be Easier to Select
Weapons and Items
- Player Networking Update
Enabled new remote movement and new client authoritative position systems. With this update, players should see great improvements with on foot player positions and less jittery behavior while viewing remote player movements.
- AI Networking Improvements
Made many improvements to on-foot AI networking to improve their movements, responses, and reduce rubberbanding.
- Performance Polish Pass on Large Planetary Storms
- Performance Polish Pass for Entity Streaming
- Updated ReShade to Version 5.3
- Added Option to Enable or Disable the QR Code from the Options Menu
- Players should no longer be able to directly call another player to constantly monitor their location
- Players should now be able to see and add other players on their friends list from the main menu
- Fixed an issue causing attacks against ships to sometimes not register
- Emptying and reloading consecutive magazines should no longer break reloading
- Players should no longer become desynced after being downed and revived
- Player's corpses should no longer clip and fall through surfaces after dying
- Shopping kiosks search filter should no longer reset to default after transaction success
- Dragging and dropping a magazine into the player's armor should no longer cause the inventory to infinitely load and stop responding
- On foot Players/NPCs should no longer appear to pause and teleport when viewed through a scope at a distance
- AI should now spawn in appropriate numbers during Infiltrate/Defend UGF Missions
- Fixed an issue causing AI to be slow to respond when engaging players in combat
- 'Restricted Area' warning should no longer occur inside UGFs if player has a lawful mission
- Players should no longer receive an armistice crimestat for damaging their own vehicle with another owned vehicle while it is being lifted up/down by a cargo elevator/lift
- Player Injuries should now fully persist through sessions
- Fixed an issue causing the Argo Mole to have no cargo capacity which prevented mining
- Hospital pharmacy kiosks should no longer display Invalid Location message upon purchase
- Orison Pharmacy Kiosk screen should no longer flash at a distance
- Crusader Showroom sales terminal should no longer display a black screen
- Players should no longer be able to duplicate ship components by transferring them from read-only ships on the claim timer and claiming the ship at another location
- Item boxes left in hangars should now be cleaned up and no longer block a ship that is being spawned
- Functional claim button should no longer briefly appear after player selects to store a ship
- Area18 Centermass elevator doors should no longer be duplicated
- Astro Armada ship consoles displays should no longer have Z-Fighting
- Orison Covalex Shipping and Trading kiosks should now have proper interaction
- Refinery shop kiosks should no longer have blank displays
- Defiance core armors should no longer have the wrong color in inventory
- Players should now be able to interact with and buy Tigersclaw cryptokeys off the shelf in Grim HEX
- Shubin Interstellar kiosk in New Babbage should now correctly use the new shop UI
- Filtered out items on the "Sell" tab should now be correctly removed from the current items list
- Uncommon loot crates should no longer be missing from Caterpillar derelicts
- Ships should no longer hop and jump around after being spawned
- Starfarer Gemini should no longer be missing its table and benches
- Fixed an issue causing players to impact into planets when quantum traveling to a party marker on the surface
- The Scorpius quantum drive UI should no longer be very small making hard to read
- Players should now be able to change the lower weapons on the Scorpius' turret
- Scorpius headlights should no longer be dim and hardly usable in dark terrain and cause particles effects to blind the pilot's view
- Players should now be able to interact with top right MFD of the Cutlass series
- Remote turrets can now be slaved to the driver in the Nova Tank, Argo RAFT, Ursa Rover, Anvil Ballista, and Anvil Spartan
- Redeemer Nose Turret should now fire correctly
- Redeemer Disc-Joint should no longer be Invulnerable
- Fixed an issue causing the control panel and guard rails of the Reclaimer's elevator to not follow along with it
- Reclaimer's elevator should now correctly show option to "go up" when on the bridge level
- Jettison Cargo inner thought prompt should be visible inside of the Prospector
- Hammerhead's front interior airlock doors should now allow players to open and close them correctly when docked to a station
- Atmosphere should no longer be missing from the lower deck corridor of the rear elevator of the 600i
- Players should no longer be able to fall through the closed rear ramp of the Cutlass Steel
- Starfarer should no longer be able to quantum travel when another ship is docked to it
- Players should now be able to access the Origin 135c cargo bay
- ROC-DS should now hold its correct amount cargo at 3.5 SCU
- Tumbril Cyclone MT missile racks should now function
- The rear of the Drake Mule should no longer start to float if the vehicle navigates over steep inclines / hills
- AI corpses should no longer despawn too quickly while players are near
- Vaulting over objects should no longer seriously injure or knock out a player
- Player EVA animation should no longer appear as them standing in space
- Legal and Illegal Deploy Probe Missions should now show up correctly in the Contract Manager
- Arlington Gang Idris should now be able to maintain its flight in atmosphere
- Morozov-SH Helmet cheek lights should no longer present externally for female characters
- Klescher Prison Escape rover should no longer spawn offset inside of its garage
- Players should now suffocate when their suit runs out of oxygen while in the Klescher mines
- Hacking chips should no longer appear sideways when equipped by a player
- There should no longer be ReplaceMe balls on the surface near outposts on Daymar
- Hull-A Empyrean, Horizon, and Dusk Paints should no longer be missing
- Fixed 19 Client Crashes
- Fixed 17 Server Crashes
- Fixed multiple backend server crashes
- AC score board should no longer crash the client